It has been 5 weeks now since I ran a marathon. It was my 3rd marathon and this was the sorest I've been after running one. I am still sore when I run.
In the weeks since the marathon I've had very low mileage, between 8 and 15 miles per week. Yesterday I ran 5.5 very slow miles, it was very difficult. Today I ran 4 and it went much better, I was running right about what my long run pace was during marathon training. Maybe I need to run consecutive days more!! I've also discovered that I weigh 5 lbs more than I did before I ran the marathon. YIKES, what happened????????
I have went back to strength training and spinning classes at the gym this past week. I will be travelling over Thanksgiving weekend and visiting my sister in Maryland just outside of Washington DC. She sent me links to the trails that she is going to send me off to run on!! (she knows me well, she wants to make sure I get plenty of running in because I will be staying in her house!!) I have 1180 miles for the year so far, I am determined to get 1200 by the end of the month.
The thought of Christmas shopping is making me ill. If I ignore Christmas will it go away?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment